When moving to a new location, it’s easy to want to take everything. Which of course is not realistic. You want to see that your new home has familiar furniture, clothing, and kitchen items that you must pack and move. If you have children, you want to make sure you pack their bicycles, and have room for your sporting equipment. However, not all transitions are to a new permanent home. You may need to relocate temporarily for business purposes, or maybe you’re heading to graduate school in a new city. If any of these scenarios apply to your situation, packing up your things can look much different. When you move into furnished apartments in or around Jackson, MS, your new rental home may already come with a few things. Do you know what you need to bring with you? You may be surprised.
What to Bring to Your Furnished Apartment
Utilizing a furnished apartment does make things a bit easier. Depending on the corporate housing community you’re moving to, your rental home will have many of the commonly required household items available.
For example, the unit may come with furniture, including a bed, couch, table, and chairs. Some include fully equipped kitchens. Even with many of these items supplied, you still want to ensure you have some familiar belongings with you. So, what do you need to bring with you to make your stay as comfortable and cozy as possible? It depends on what is already provided. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- If your apartment is minimally furnished: Some communities provide the bare necessities in their furnished apartments. They may have a bed, couch, table, chairs, and little else. In those cases, you will want to bring more items, such as:
- Kitchen: pots, pans, small appliances, dishes, utensils, silverware, dish towels and rags, trash can
- Bathroom: towels and washcloths, shower curtain, wastebasket
- Bedroom: sheets and pillowcases, pillows, comforter and blankets, box fan, mattress topper
- Living Room: slipcovers, and possibly a television
- Additional Options: decorative items to make things feel more like home
- If your apartment is fully furnished: When living in a fully furnished unit in Jackson, MS, your packing list is much shorter as most everything will be provided. For instance, you don’t need to bring dishes, pots and pans, television, linens, and shower curtains. Instead, you can focus on bringing your clothing and some personal decorative items if you like.
- For both types of apartments: In both cases, you’ll still need to bring personal things, like:
- Toiletries and personal hygiene supplies
- Food supplies
- Cleaning supplies – unless your corporate housing community offers housekeeping
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Trash bags
- First-aid supplies
- Pictures of your family!
- Books, if you like to read
- Laptop and electronics
Make Moving Easy – Choose Furnished Apartments in Jackson, MS
Find the perfect furnished apartment for you or your employees when you work with the team at Corporate Housing Experts. We have communities within areas of Jackson, MS, convenient to your lifestyle. Our units are fully furnished with all you need. We even develop personalized packages to ensure your requirements are met.
Look no further when you are looking for a company dedicated to your comfort while living away from home. Our clients put it best, “Corporate Housing Experts made my short-term relocation effortless!” Discover effortless moving for yourself when you contact us today.
Are you ready to earn some extra cash? You can when you join our Buddy Bucks Program. Learn more here.
Have additional questions? Check out our FAQs, and then give us a call.
Call 800-990-7368 to connect with our friendly and knowledgeable team or contact us online to ask about our furnished apartments in Jackson, Mississippi.