As a frequent business traveler, you are away from home for extended periods. It can be challenging to maintain your fitness schedule and include exercise and healthy meals. Dedication and planning can help you stay in shape and you need not sacrifice your fitness routine. While a hotel stay may not offer the same comfort and ease, a furnished apartment?certainly can allow you to eat healthy and exercise just the way you did at home.
Getting your 30 minutes of daily exercise even while you travel out of town on work is possible?even if you only have your body and mind to work with!
Some indoor exercises to try in the comfort of your furnished apartment:
- Indoor Cardio: Aerobic activity is a sure calorie blaster! A light, on-the-spot jog for 2 minutes followed by a lower intensity jog for one minute.? Repeat 5-10 times.
- Push-ups: Toning the muscles in your shoulders, arms and chest is important. Do as many push-ups as you can and stop when you cannot do more.
- Curls: If you don?t have weights with you, hold a gallon (or half) of liquid in each hand and raise your hands up and down. A water bottle will do just fine too.
- Bicycle Crunch: Lie flat on your back. Lift and twist your torso and bend your left knee so that your right elbow crosses your body and reaches your left knee. Alternate with right knee and left elbow.
- Squats:Lift your left leg off the ground. Bend your right knee and lower down into a squat. Pause and then return to standing position. Repeat a few times.
- Double Leg lift: Lie on your side with your legs stacked over each other and lift off the floor. Repeat 5-10 times.
Exercise is one of the best things you can do for your health and wellness.?Being fit will also help improve your confidence, leadership qualities, focus and clarity.? It doesn?t matter if you cannot get to the gym; your rental unit will allow you the space to ensure you don?t have to skip daily exercise. Weave it into a routine even during business travel. ?
?Some Additional Pointers for Good Health
- Balanced diet: Avoid junk foods, sodas and alcohol, especially when you travel. Healthy meals can be prepared in the comfort of your furnished apartment kitchen in Mississippi.
- Sleep: Get adequate sleep so your body has time to refresh and regenerate. Travel can disrupt routine and take its toll on your sleep cycles, but being in a temporary residence that actually feels like home will help you sleep better.
- Water: Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration that is aggravated with pressurized and recycled air on airplanes.
?You don?t have to sacrifice your routine just because you are traveling. Make the right choice with our custom housing solutions in Mississippi.
?Call Corporate Housing Experts?at?800-990-7368 to explore your options for furnished apartments in Biloxi, Gulfport and Mississippi or request a quote online.