You have finished spring semester and now it is time to find a great internship opportunity in the city for your summer break. But, there is just one problem: you do not have a place to stay. Finding a suitable short-term, furnished apartment rental for interns can be a challenge. Interns and companies both face this challenge each year. Luckily, there are ways to make the search easier, whether you are a company finding housing for your interns or an intern looking around on your own.
How to Find the Perfect Short-Term Rental Apartment for Interns
Whether the internship is for one month or a few, comfortable housing is key. As an intern, you must be comfortable in the new setting and feel as though you have a place to call “home” while away from home. To find the ideal rental, interns and companies should consider a few things:
- Furnished Apartment – Neither interns nor their employers have the time to furnish an apartment, especially for a short time period to cover the duration of the internship. Furnished units are the best way to go because they come ready-to-move-in.
- Utilities Included – Do away with the hassle of setting up utility accounts. Save the time and money by finding intern housing that comes complete with utilities, Internet and cable TV.
- Check On Lease Terms – Some intern accommodations offer short-term leases, but with many strings attached. Look for a short-term lease that is 30 days and does not increase rates dramatically with each renewal. In case your month-long internship turns into three months, you should not have to worry about lease rates on your short-term, furnished apartment.
- Location – For some interns, bringing a car to the city they are working in for the summer is not an option. It is important, therefore, that the short-term rental should be close to public transit or within walking distance of where they are working.
- Book Early – There is not just one company offering summer internships—it is a busy time with many employers and interns looking for intern housing. So, to get the best housing for summer internships, you should aim to secure your short-term rentals before June.
Short-term corporate housing with flexible leases and excellent amenities are available to you in Mississippi. By connecting with Corporate Housing Experts, you have access to the best furnished rentals for internships and temporary workers. We make it easy for summer interns coming into the Mississippi area from out of town. You can choose the rental apartment and furniture package that best suits your needs and budget. We have carefully chosen these communities based on location, price, and availability of amenities that make intern housing comfortable and convenient.
If you are looking for short-term, furnished apartments during the upcoming summer internship season, contact the team at Corporate Housing Experts today. Give us a call at 800-990-7368 or contact us online.