Short-term and long-term business trips may be beneficial for your company?s bottom line, but frequent travel can wreak havoc on your health. You are under constant stress and at risk for a variety of illnesses. Your fitness routine can quickly be disrupted and rushed high-fat meals can leave you lethargic and unable to perform at your best.
You can stay healthy and relax comfortably when you rent a furnished apartment in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The friendly, knowledgeable professionals at Corporate Housing Experts can help you find the best lodging for your stay. With some additional suggestions, your business travels can go from tiring and stressful to comfortable and productive.
5 Suggestions to Stay Healthy While Away on Business
Traveling on business does not have to lead to illness and fatigue. Take the time to protect yourself, eat healthily, exercise and find ways to have a good time even though you are away from home. Check out these useful suggestions:
- Focus on Your Health -?You are used to your home and office. The same people move in and out. Areas are cleaned and sanitized. When traveling, you are exposing yourself to a plethora of bacteria from the various places you visit. Washing your hands is essential even when you are home. When you travel, it is imperative that you wash your hands or keep sanitizer handy since you will likely be shaking a lot of hands, handling doorknobs, touching armrests, and so on.
- Keep Eating as You Would at Home -?While on the road, it may be easier to eat quick, unhealthy meals at a fast food joint or during dinner meetings with clients. An advantage of staying in a furnished apartment in Hattiesburg is that you can stock the kitchen with all the delicious foods you like to eat and have home-cooked meals.
- Continue to Exercise -?Keeping your workout routine is important for maintaining good health. Just because you are not able to visit your local gym at home does not mean you cannot exercise. Many extended stay rentals have gyms located on the premises. If there is no gym, consider other simple exercise routines you can do in your home away from home.
- Create a Temporary Routine -?Try to maintain a general routine while on your trip. For example, if you are used to getting up at 6:00 am while at home, then continue to do that while you are traveling. The advantage of a routine is the sense of calm and control over your environment.
- Go Ahead ? Have a Good Time -?Traveling can be very stressful. Sometimes the best way to combat the stress is to go out and have some fun. Find some of the best local hangouts and join in the festivities. Go to a show or museum. Get outdoors and explore the city you call your temporary home.
Stay healthy and comfortable while traveling for business in Hattiesburg. Our professionals will be happy to find you a community in an area close to your business dealings. We provide spacious accommodations to fit your lifestyle needs.
Contact us at 800-990-7368 to find convenient, furnished apartments in Hattiesburg, MS or request a free quote online.