—Tips for Holiday Fun in Your Furnished Apartment
Traveling for your job is tough for a variety of reasons. There’s the distance from family, and the stresses of working with new people on projects in a new city. In addition, having to work away from home during the holiday season is not ideal. What can you do when you can’t head home for the Thanksgiving holiday because of work or the current pandemic? You plan a meal for one and grab your phone or laptop for some face-to-face time with your family, of course!
Rent a furnished apartment for your extended stay in Mississippi from the Corporate Housing Experts and enjoy high-speed wireless internet and a kitchen ready for your masterpiece. Our communities offer many amenities to make living and working away from home more comfortable. We help you find the best apartment and furnishing package to meet your needs.
4 Ways to Enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday Even If You Are Alone
Thanksgiving 2020 may look a little different than previous years, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy it. Here are four ways you can make the most of your home away from home:
- Decide What Favorites You Cannot Live Without: For some, the only Thanksgiving meal worth eating is the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, and dressing, followed by pumpkin pie with whipped cream. If that’s your idea of the perfect meal, then go for it! You may also decide to change things up and try something new. In either case, cooking will be a cinch in your furnished apartment with a completely decked out kitchen.
- Check Out Single-Serve Recipes: The Internet has many options for making your delicious meal that doesn’t require purchasing too much food. We did a quick survey and came up with a few sites that can help you enjoy the foods you love without all the leftovers:
- Thanksgiving Dinner for One – This recipe will leave you full from the turkey tenderloin, green beans, and a mini sweet potato casserole.
- Thanksgiving for One Recipes – Find each one of your favorites in single-serve batches. Enjoy roast turkey breast, mashed potatoes, cranberry salad, dressing, sweet potato casserole, roasted carrots, and pie. (Is your mouth watering yet?)
- One Pan Thanksgiving Meal – This site boasts a complete meal of turkey breast, sourdough stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans, and more, all in under an hour. This is definitely not your grandmother’s cooking!
- Take Advantage of Supermarket Fixings: With the COVID-19 virus shaking holiday celebrations up, sitting down to a restaurant meal may not be feasible. What do you do if you’re not a cook, but you still want something special? Head over to the grocery store conveniently located near your furnished apartment for pre-made meals and sides, rolls, and desserts.
- Try Something New: When adhering to traditional foods is not necessary, consider other options like lasagna or Cornish game hens. Maybe you want to really change things up with a full vegetarian meal.
Rent a Furnished Apartment from Corporate Housing Experts
Enjoy Thanksgiving and other holidays this season better when you choose to rent a furnished apartment from Corporate Housing Experts. Our team stands ready to help you find the perfect community, in a location near the places you want and need to be. We make the process painless so that you can get on with life.
Earn some extra cash when you join our Buddy Bucks Program. Learn more here.
Have additional questions? Check out our FAQs and then give us a call.
Call (601) 981-7368 to connect with our friendly and knowledgeable team or contact us online to ask about our corporate housing company’s services. When you want to rent a furnished apartment in Mississippi, you can count on us to help you find the best.