Airline travel can wreak havoc on your body.You have a natural rhythm that gets thrown out of order during long flights. Travel across too many time zones,and you may find yourself extraordinarily exhausted and suffering from indigestion, bowel problems, loss of appetite, or memory and concentration issues. Each person reacts differently,and recovery depends on the person.Surviving a long haul can be easier; it just takes a little preparation.
Corporate Housing Experts understands your need to recoup after a long trip.We offer you a comfortable place to catch up on your sleep and prepare you for your new adventure during your extended stay in Jackson, Mississippi. Our team is available 24-hours a day to help you get settled in quickly.
10 Ways to Arrive Fresh and Rejuvenated
Here are a few suggestions to reduce the effects of jet lag and start your business day more rejuvenated the next time you fly out on a long trip:
- Go with the flow: We may have strict routines at home, but when you travel, it is a good idea to go with the flow and relax. This will help you adjust to new time zones.
- Ensure a good night’s sleep: There are a variety of reasons why people stay up too late the day before traveling. Plan on packing a few days in advance so that you do not take up precious sleep time with last minute packing.
- Schedule your trip to arrive during daytime: It is much easier to stay awake if you arrive while the sun is still
- Plan a stopover: Sure, you want to get to your destination as quickly as possible, but planning a stop over can give your body a chance to adapt to a new time zone better. You may also save money on your fare.
- Choose water over alcohol or caffeine: The effects of alcohol will increase your fatigue and cause dehydration. Caffeinated drinks disrupt your ability to sleep. Water keeps you hydrated and reduces the effects of jet lag.
- Avoid sleeping pills: Sleeping pills can leave you feeling fuzzy when you land. A better option is sipping herbal tea.
- Set your watch for your destination time: Get mentally ready for the new time zone by setting your watch in flight or right before you land.
- Keep moving: Besides running from one gate to the next, get up and walk while waiting for your connecting flight. Light exercises also keep your blood circulating.
- Eat right: Choose healthy meal options to keep your energy levels up. Try to eat meals in relation to your destination time zone.
- Catch up on your sleep after arrival: If you can, plan to arrive a day ahead of your first meeting and get some much-needed An apartment or condo from Corporate Housing Experts will have a nice, comfortable bed to have you well rested.
Avoid the effects of jet lag when you plan ahead and think through what your body needs. Once you are rested, check out the other amenities and comforts your extended stay corporate rental in Jackson, MS, has to offer. Our residential experts are here to help you make the most of your stay.
Contact us at 800-990-7368 to find convenient, furnished apartments or request a free quote online.