As busy executives, military personnel, or entrepreneurs who travel frequently, the disruption to your daily routines can wreak havoc on your health. Sleeps patterns are interrupted. The additional stress of being away from home can frustrate your meditation time. Quite frankly, relaxation and health care can be hard while on the road.
For those extended business trips, even staying in a furnished apartment while in Biloxi, MS, can leave you tired and restless. Self-care is imperative to your success. Kick the stress of traveling to the curb by taking control of your schedule.
6 Tips for Self-Care in Your Furnished Apartment in Biloxi, MS
Make the most of your time off-the-clock when you are on a business trip by following these simple tips:
- Plan Before You Leave Home: As soon as you know you have to hit the road, reinforce your self-care habits. Create a packing list, so you do not stress about leaving something at home. Get plenty of sleep the night before you set out. Dress in comfortable clothes for the journey. Accept that there will be delays.
- Stick to Your Schedule: Avoid allowing business travel be an excuse to push your regular fitness schedule to the backburner. If you get up at 5:00 AM for your workout, continue to do so. Many apartment communities have fully equipped fitness centers.
- Disconnect from Electronics at Night: Just because you are on a trip for work does not mean you should be on the clock 24/7. Log off your computer. Put your smartphone on airplane mode. Ideally, power down all of your devices about an hour before heading to bed to give your mind a chance to decompress. Carry an alarm clock so you do not get the chance to peek at your emails while setting it on your phone.
- Go to Bed at a Reasonable Hour: You are on the road for your company but staying up late at work will not get you home quicker. Give your body the sleep it needs by going to bed on time. Darken your room; use a sleep mask and follow your “before bed” routine.
- Exercise Daily:Exercise keeps you alert and healthy. If you already have a workout routine in place, stick to it. If not, now is an excellent time to enjoy walks around the neighborhood or at the local park.
- Eat Healthy: An advantage of staying in a corporate condo or apartment is the fully equipped kitchen. You can quickly cook home favorites and still eat healthy instead of heading to a restaurant each night.
Make Self-Care a Priority When You Travel
Business travel should not interrupt your daily routines. Take advantage of the amenities in your furnished Biloxi apartment when you stay in one of our established communities. Go home refreshed instead of frazzled.
Call us at 800-990-7368 to find convenient furnished apartments in Biloxi, MS or request a free quote online.