While cooking may be a passion for some, for others it’s just a chore, and often challenging. However, most of us really don’t have a choice, so we trudge along. Living away from your home and family while on assignment for your employer doesn’t make it easier. You may find yourself eating out every night to stave off boredom and loneliness. It doesn’t have to be that way. With a little bit of planning, you can enjoy cooking when you spend a few days or weeks in furnished apartments in Meridian, MS. You don’t have to go overboard by planning out expensive, time-consuming meals, either. A simple, nutritious meal can be fast and easy, and give you the pleasure of a home cooked meal.
Enjoy cooking in your temporary home with some help from Corporate Housing Experts. We can find you quality, furnished apartments in Meridian, MS. We can work up a furniture package that includes all the items you need to create delicious meals that save you money and your waistband. We aim to make things seamless for you. Deidre, a happy customer agrees, “Corporate Housing Experts made my short-term relocation effortless!” Give us an opportunity to help you, too.
4 Tips to Take Advantage of Cooking in Your Extended Stay Apartment
You can make life simple even when you are not at home by choosing to cook instead of eating out. Here are four tips to get you started:
- Design a Simple Meal Plan: If you happen to view dinner ideas online, you may find many articles encouraging meal planning. It is the process of reviewing your week to see when you will be home and cooking specific meals on those days. It doesn’t have to be a complicated process, but it can be a valuable one as you can save money. Write down your favorite meals that are fast and easy to cook. You can probably come up with 20 meals that taste great, yet, don’t require a lot of time. Then look at your schedule and plug in the meals that make sense for your busy week.
- Keep a Basic Grocery List Handy: A stocked pantry encourages you to make those meals in the first tip. While living in an extended stay apartment, you can keep the pantry much more straightforward than at home. Here are some ideas to help fill the cupboards and your belly:
- Fruit: bananas, apples, blueberries, and some dry fruit (cranberries, dates)
- Vegetables: spinach, lettuce, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes
- Proteins: eggs, turkey from the deli, chicken breasts, tofu or tempeh
- Pantry Goods: whole wheat bread, pasta, rice, oatmeal, coffee/tea, tortillas, olive oil, soups, nuts, salad dressings
- Condiments: mustard, mayonnaise, salsa, Italian blend dried herbs, pasta sauce
- Dairy: milk, cheese, yogurt
- Ask for Appliances to Speed Up Cooking: Having all the goodies in the kitchen do not a meal make. You will have to do some cooking, and that means having all the necessary tools. So, if smoothies are your breakfast of choice, you will need a blender. Ask your team at Corporate Housing Experts for a blender and any other small appliances that make cooking in your furnished apartment much simpler.
- Invite Co-Workers Over for Dinner: Eating alone can be, well, lonely. Why not carve new friendships by inviting a co-worker or two over for dinner. You can easily make a simple meal of pasta with mushrooms, spinach, peppers, and grated cheese from your pantry.
Furnished Apartments in Meridian, MS Make Your Stay Enjoyable
– Corporate Housing Experts Makes It Easy!
Make the most of your stay. Choose furnished apartments from Corporate Housing Experts and enjoy the many amenities and packages we have to offer. Save time and money by cooking in your kitchen during the week, and then go out on the town on the weekend. We can even tell you of the hidden gems in the Meridian area.
We’re positive you will love our communities and want to tell your friends. Check out our Buddy Bucks program to earn some money back.
Call (601) 981-7368 to connect with our friendly and knowledgeable team, or contact us online to ask about renting furnished apartments in Meridian, MS.