Ask anyone who has renovated their home and attempted to live there at the same time, and they will tell you how chaotic it is. From dealing with contractors coming and going to having dust, debris and supplies scattered about, your home is not really your home while you are remodeling.
Minor remodeling projects do not require you to leave, but larger renovations are not done overnight. If you are thinking of starting a lengthy renovation project, an extended stay in Jackson could be your solution.
Should You Look for Extended Stay Rental While Renovating?
Some homeowners feel they can stick it out and deal with the renovations, while others quickly opt for moving into a rental place to avoid the chaos. If you are not sure whether or not you should stay or go, here are a few things to ask yourself:
- Time – Speak with your contractor and find out how long the project will take. If they only need 2-3 days, then you may be fine. If they need a few weeks or even months, you may want to consider moving out and saving yourself the hassle.
- Rooms – How many rooms are being renovated at once? A whole house renovation most certainly can benefit from moving out temporarily, while if you are refinishing the basement, and have the entire upstairs to work with, you may not need to move out.
- Area – Certain areas of the home under construction can make it unlivable. For example, remodeling the kitchen leaves you without a place to prepare meals or eat. Remodeling bathrooms means you will have plumbing on and off, water turned off, etc. If main living areas will be under construction, it may be best to leave while the renovation is in process.
- Purpose – The type of renovation you are doing matters too. If the roof of your home is being removed to add on a second floor or the home is being raised for a basement, you need to move out. These renovations make it impossible to live in the home.
- Kids or Pets – If you have children or pets, dealing with zipped up walls, dust and numerous strangers in and out of the house can be too much to handle.
A furnished apartment in Jackson lets you and your family live your lives while your home is being renovated. You get a move-in ready apartment, essentials and amenities so that you have the perfect home away from home.
If you are about to renovate your home, contact the team at Corporate Housing Experts today. We can help you find the ideal extended stay in Jackson, MS. Give us a call at 800-990-7368 or contact us online.