Corporate executives who travel frequently for business today have an entirely different set of expectations than their predecessors. Traditionally, most corporations would have a travel agency on retainer or a designated travel department to handle the needs of their nomadic employees. Nowadays, technology-driven team members require different options to meet their needs. Tack on the Millennial generation?s rising ranks in the corporate world and companies need a new game plan.
Aptly called ?digital natives,? Millennials have grown up surrounded with technology from smartphones to laptops to tablets, and more recently, even glasses and watches that allow Internet browsing. This group looks at travel, whether for business or leisure, as an adventure. They are happy to work on the road as long as they can take in a few sights along the way. Retain your best young talent by offering the convenience of a furnished apartment to take care of short term business dealings in Jackson, MS.
Changing Trends to Keep in Mind for Your Younger Employees
Team members between the ages of 18-34 will make up more than half of the global workforce before you know it. Here are some trends you will find among this enterprising age group:
- Connection is Key: This group considers it a top priority to stay connected to the world via smartphones and other electronic devices. They expect strong and reliable Wi-Fi connections in the airport, on an airplane, or in a hotel. They want minimum hassle to get online.
- Mobility is a Must: Mobile apps are crucial. Getting flight updates and checking into hotels is done easily over an app. When traveling for work, executives require this convenience to keep them moving ahead.
- ?Dead? Hours Get Utilized: Instead of simply waiting around for their plane to take off, they make the most of downtime. Using airport Wi-Fi, these savvy employees will write memos, catch up on email, and join a video conference call.
- Flexibility to Make Travel Plans: Instead of making arrangements through a travel agent, many digital natives utilize the highly personalized experience of booking their own trips online.
- Skipping the Hotel/Motel: Not ones for choosing local hotels, these travelers are comfortable staying in a ?lived-in? space. They want the comforts of home with the perks and amenities that come with rental accommodation. Corporate furnished apartments meet this desire while keeping travel costs down.
- Enjoying ?Bleisure? Time: This hip generation wants to take in the sights, sounds, and culture of the area they are working in. By tacking on a day or two of vacation, they have perfected the art of ?bleisure? ? blending of business and leisure. It is no surprise that they will scope out the local nightlife, check out the museums, and find the best-hidden gems in the city.
High-Quality Furnished Apartments in Jackson, MS for Your Team
Give your employees more of what they expect in their temporary home away from home in Jackson, MS. Corporate Housing Experts helps companies find extended stay rentals that enable their traveling team members to feel at home, enjoy the local culture, and stay connected. Our communities offer a variety of amenities that will fit within your travel budget. Talk to our friendly staff; we can help you find the right rental accommodations in Jackson, Biloxi, Gulfport, and Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Call 800-990-7368 to connect with us, or contact us online.